Specific policies, as outlined on the web pages above, are based on the following LBCC Library mission, goals and outcomes.
The Library is committed to providing resources, services and an environment that support the mission, goals and curriculum of the college.
The primary goals of the Library are:
- to support the instructional programs of the college.
- to enable the faculty and administrative staff to keep abreast of developments in their fields of interest.
- to provide access to information which is outside the scope of present instruction.
- to provide access to the public to resources and services.
- to train in information literacy.
- to provide an atmosphere conducive to study and research.
The Information Literacy Instruction program outcomes at LBCC state that students will:
- Determine the extent of information needed.
- Access the needed information.
- Evaluate information and its sources critically.
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose.
- Access and use information ethically and legally.